As small business owners, we know the importance of word-of-mouth marketing. It’s often considered the backbone to our marketing efforts. Be the mouth.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- In the search box, type in the name of a business near you.
- Click on the link when it comes up.
- Go to their page. Like the page if you haven’t.
- Copy the URL for this page.
- Navigate to your business page.
- Paste the URL into your status and write a short note. It doesn’t have to be long. BUT, you need to include a few tags. Tag the business name (start typing the name and it should appear) and invite a few friends to visit that might like it (start typing their names and they should appear).
You post on their wall and your friends’ walls that might like it, with your business name. Maybe karma will find you and that business will comment, or better, write about you, too. We want those you tag to be people that will engage – in other words comment or “like” the post.
- Keep your note conversational. Too formal and it will come across less social.
- Choose friends/a business you think will appreciate the information, but also who will engage it. Don’t feel like you are spamming your friends, you are posting something you truly like and truly feel they might like. That’s part of Facebook.