Q1. What is SEO? What are the types of SEO?
A1: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it plays a fundamental role in enhancing the visibility of the website on the internet and makes the display of the desired result pages efficient when visitor types and searches through specific keywords and phrases. SEO has become one of the popular marketing tools in today’s era that aids the bosting of website’s rankings and increases the profit of the business firms and companies that own the websites.
There are three types of SEOs:
- White hat SEO – One of the most commonly used techniques and most popular among them, White-Hat SEO aims at improving and enhancing the website rankings which don’t deviate from search engine guidelines. The approaches and techniques that come under White – Hat SEO are-website HTML optimization and restructuring, development of high-quality content, link acquisition campaigns and so on. This technique results in gradual but deep-rooted and long-lasting growth in the rankings of the websites.
- Black-Hat SEO – Black-Hat SEO take advantage of the weaknesses in the algorithms of the search engine to attain great rankings for the website. Unlike White-Hat SEO, this technique contradicts and deviates from the search engine guidelines. Link spams, cloaking, keyword stuffing or over-optimizing anchor text of the links, hidden texts and hidden links are include in Black-Hat SEO. However, Black- Hat SEO offers quick, uncertain, shot-lived progress in rankings.
- Grey Hat SEO – This technique is a blend of both White-Hat SEO approach and Black-Hat SEO approach. It depicts transgression and shifts between two approaches probably due to pressure from the companies or competition to achieve better rankings.
Q2. What are inbound and outbound links?
A2: Inbound links or ‘backlinks’ are the links that make way to our own site and search engines. We cannot exercise control over the inbound links or the sites that point and link visitors to our sites. If the sites have rich and unique content, the site might attract traffic and enhance the rankings of our website. These links might be present in a third-part web site as hyperlinks and naked clickable URLs that they might have used as a reference.
Outbound Links are the links that connect our website to other webpages and websites and we can exercise more control over these links as compared to inbound links. If our own webpage or website offers unique and relevant content, visitors might stick to our web page; otherwise, they would rather go for the outbound link used for reference which might lead to degradation of rankings of the websites.
Q3. What is cross-linking and its functions?
A3: Seen as an important SEO strategy to enhance the content of the website, cross-linking, as the name suggests, links two web pages to one another. It is not necessary for the other link to be owned by the same person, he/she can use it as a reference for his own webpage content.
0Functions of Cross-linking:
- Cross-linking provides access to the other webpages with just one click.
- It provides the visitors with the reference sites